Sanitary pads, tampons, pantyliners - which one do I prefer and why?

 Sanitary pads, tampons or panty liners, there has always been a debate on which one is the best choice. Well, for me, there is no perfect pick. Every woman’s body is different, and so is her menstrual cycle. Safe to say, no each product serves one woman the same way. Sanitary pads, tampons and pantyliners each distinctly serve the purpose. Without further ado, I state my understanding of each product and how I use them interchangeably.  


Sanitary pads  

Sanitary pads have been around for a long time. The first time I experienced my menstrual period, my mother handed me a sanitary pad. Also widely known as sanitary napkins, they are widely used even today. Pads are the earliest forms used for maintaining feminine hygiene. A very good thing about pads is that they are offered in different lengths and absorbency levels. I usually prefer pads for light flow days. However, the only downside of sanitary pads is that they are not very comfortable for days when I indulge in sports or rigorous physical activities.  

 

Tampons  

 Tampons have picked momentum in the more recent times. While I had been very sceptical about using this product initially, tampons are now an essential part of my menstrual hygiene kit. I choose tampons for days when I have a very heavy period flow. They come with excellent absorbency levels, and I do not have to worry about leakage. For better security, I also use a pad. You know, just in case. Tampons too are offered in various sizes, and this makes it so much easier to make my pick. I mostly prefer tampons for when I am out and about. This product allows me the convenience of going swimming and indulging in all the fun activities without intrusion. I think it’s the best choice for those days of high-intensity exercises.  

 

Pantyliners 

Pantyliners are a saviour throughout my menstrual cycle. Vaginal discharge is a common condition and experienced by most women. This product aids in effectively managing the discharge and preventing discomfort. Pantyliners are also great for avoiding early menstrual leaks. Often, menstrual periods come without prior warning. Pantyliners help to safeguard against embarrassing leaks and staining.  

 

Thus, my preference tends to be based on the days of my menstrual cycle. Above all, no matter what product I use, I make it a point to wash my hand before and after changing a product. This habit has helped me prevent infections and have a happy period. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to deal with period leakage at night?

How to gather information about menstruation?

The Only Menstruation Product You Need: Sanitary Pads